
Isaac has always been a good eater but lately I've been frustrated by his seeming lack of interest in meals or worse his swatting at the spoon and tantrums that result in a very messy kitchen and two unhappy people. Finally I just dropped the spoon and said "Fine!...you do it yourself!"...and guess what?? He did! It was a little sloppy and he needed a little scooping and steering guidance but ultimately he fed himself. I was so proud I ran for the camera. Here is his sequence of scooping his oatmeal, getting it into his mouth, collecting the last bits with his fingers and then the "I'm done Momma, aren't you proud?" big smile and clapping of hands.

With Isaac always on the move it's sometimes hard to balance my time and find a quiet moment just for Lara, especially since she is still in the "all I do is sleep and eat" stage. So I try to get in as much one-on-one as I can during her awake time and enjoy a good snuggle with her while Isaac naps. Sure do love these little people!!
3 comments:
Your blog is looking really cute :-) and Congratulations to Isaac! lol He really does look quite pleased with himself~how fun....and Lara looks as cute as ever (you too Katie:-)
Cute blog. I've been frustrated by such moments myself, but it is good that he's learning to eat on his own. It sometimes seems that parenting isn't in full swing till they throw their first tantrum. Congratulations! It also brings the greatest rewards, when the choose to be good now that they know their are other options. Enjoy
lol I love the, Fine!...Do it yourself! My little Emily is 15 months now and I can't imagine having a newborn... you definately ARE a busy mommy! But they're soo worth it... your kids are sooo cute!
Post a Comment